Remove the quote button from previous post

KingCody

would it be possible to remove the "quote" button from the last post in a thread?

it is very annoying when people quote the entire previous post. it also leads to a unnecessarily cluttered thread. if somebody needs to quote a specific part of the previous post, they can always use the quote tag button within the reply box

:wave:

Replace the "quote" button with a button that opens a window explaining the meaning and syntax of tags?

Really, most people don't have a clue what tags are. Hell, I find it hard myself to remember the syntax of the things! Insert an image.. Umm.. I think I'll just use the button instead.

If someone really does something against basic netiquette and quotes an entire post, they should be told that this is not proper and the post edited by a moderator.

I don't think I've ever seen the quote tag button :suspiciou...well I guess we learn something new each day ;) . I quote it and trim up the quote to shorten it to what I want quoted.

untitledim5.jpg

That is the quote tag button. I rarely use it though...

KingCody said:
would it be possible to remove the "quote" button from the last post in a thread?

I don`t know if that could be done or not, but it might prove useful in curbing the serial quoters.

Nodsu said:
If someone really does something against basic netiquette and quotes an entire post, they should be told that this is not proper and the post edited by a moderator.

I concur and will make every effort to do just that from now on.

wolfram said:
I rarely use it though...
Personally, I find it really useful as all I need to do is copy and paste what it is I wish to quote, select it and click the quote tag button. It`s especially useful for muliple quotes.

Regards Howard :)

I don't know if it's just me, but the "Reply" button (the third one after "edit" and "quote") seems to quote the message too and I find that really annoying :(

It quotes (in the full reply page) when I have JavaScript disabled. Gives the Quick Reply box when JS is on.

For some reason, TS is very slow for me in Linux+Opera when JS is enabled. Haven't tried with Linux+FF.

It seems that the serial quoters need some guidance, on the proper use of the quote feature.

Perhaps, Julio could alter the Techspot FAQ to reflect the proper use of the quote button etc.

Or, maybe SNGX1275 could add something more in section7, point5 of his excellent thread HERE?

The way I see it is this.

Never quote the post you`re replying to, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case, only quote that particular section.

Regards Howard :)

Back