Removed soundmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i removed soundmax from my pc like an ***** and now have no sound, tried system restore but can`t get it back. can anyone advise me how to get it back please.

Hi and Welcome to TechSpot

Have you rebooted? Removing the device should have warranted the OS to detect the hardware again at startup.....

Is this on board sound? What is the make/model of the computer or adapter card?

See Geekgirl,
there is a more direct and easy way to reinstall corrupt on-board sound drivers. I can't tell you how many posts on this subject are here on Techspot. Again, welcome to you, and you are welcome ANDYREW!

I too supply direct links, but I am aware that:

The direct link does not give language selection
The direct link may not always be available
The direct link does not show, agreeing to their TOC

Therefore, The Geekgirl supplying the front link may be more desirable
Note: By supplying both can avoid this:

Here's the driver link or directly here

Has 7 pages and although very thorough in all sound driver help, it is not an easy guide to follow (just a good reference).
A better reference would referring to THIS guide, referring to Troubleshooting.

I believe The Geekgirl can continue to provide the innitial links, but happy for your opinion on best practice, in future.

True kimsland,
You have posted here many times but you do not provide any hardware specs. Why is this?

Thanks Tmagic650, I was concerned that I missed an important step (this does happen with me, at times.)

As for my missing specs, I have never understood the significance of someone who only posts support info.
ie I have never actually asked for technical help as such.

ie Would it matter if it were Windows 98 or Server 2008 beta ?

I am also concerned that by stating Windows Xp, that others will think, that I do not have the right experience for Vista, although I work on all OS (very lightly on Linux too)

I do feel a little hypocritical at times when I say - please supply your system specs though.

Hardware specs posted on a hardware site are necessary most of the time, and most "newbys" don't understand this. When I see a veteran poster with no posted specs, I wonder why. In your case, I understand your position. Like you, I am familiar with most OS's out there, and I just made the Vista jump 2 weeks ago. Of course I have a functional dual XP, Vista boot installed and working...

Actually, I am thinking Avatar, System Specs, and one of those logo text thingies (at bottom of support member posts) does look professional.

On other forums I have always used an Avatar, at least, but I noticed that someone here, had the same one, I've used before. Which led me to think I'm better off with my own design (not hard to do) but this in turn, mainly due to laziness!) stopped me from updating my profile at the 1000 mark.

I will look into creating a logo (and providing specs) actually I like animated logos (but they're so hard to create - with minimal size)

OK point taken, where's my specs? - Comming! (eventually)

Edit:

Sorry just read this:

Avatars – We allow up to 70x70 pixels images, avatars fall under the same guidelines as printed text. Please no animated avatars

From here: https://www.techspot.com/extras/forum_guidelines/index.shtml

I will look at non-animated now :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back