removing "alert system" warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I hope I'm on the right track for getting some genuine help with a problem that I can't seem to get rid of. I have a dual changing icon in my tray that is a circle with a ? in it and it blinks and changes evey second t a red shield with an X on it.

I just down loaded HJT and ran a scan. Would someone be so kind as to look at the attachment and tell me which item or items that woud be safe for me to fix? I've tried everything except putting bullet in my hardrive, and I don't think that will solve my current problem anyway.

Than you,

Deanology

Hello Deanology and welcome to TechSpot.

Please go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all of the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HijackThis, ComboFix, and AVG Anti-Spyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Deanology only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

removing the system warning icon

Hello kitty500cat,

I followed all your instructions regarding my computer problem with the annoying tray system alert. I am not very savvy when it comes to doing this stuff, so please forgive me if I screwed something up. I no longer have the problem with the blinking alert icon. If you have the time, would you please examine the 3 attached files and give me any advice or recommendations. Thank you for your time.

Dean
View attachment 22541

View attachment 22542

View attachment 22543

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back