Removing CPU means no beep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not responding (New problem)

First of.. Hi everyone!

I bought a new system this week, put it together and got the same repeating beep that 50% of todays buyers get!
yes I know! something is not connected properly or your Memory is not working...

I contacted Abit and they told me both CPU and RAM is supported for the motherboard... I contacted the sales company and they told me to buy a new memory to test if it works.. since I dont want to spend another 40 pounds (Im a student) I'm posting here for a final help before I go crazy.

So, No screen, repeating beep!
Ive tried installing the memory to all 4 different memory slots. Ive tried removing the graphics card and Ive done the CMOS as perfect as can be done.
The beep still remains.
The only way I can get rid of the beep is if the CPU is removed.... is this normal or does it mean that the CPU is faulty??

Ive built at least 20 PCs before and never had a problem with damn beeps... is this a new thing on the market for the companies to make extra money or what??

appreciating any help I can get.

Here are my specs:

Abit NF-M2 nView nF430 Socket AM2 PCI-E 16x / DUAL CH DDR2 / 7.1CH AUDIO / SATA(II) RAID / Gb LAN / mATX MOTHERBOARD

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Retail AM2 2.0GHz, 1000MHz FSB, 512KB, 64 Bit Socket AM2

1GB PC5300 Elixir DDR2 SDRAM 240pin DDR2-667 64M8

Inno3D GeForce 7300GT 256MB PCI-E SLi TV 2xDVI Mfr# I-7300GT-G4F3

LiteOn LH-18A1P-483C 18x DVD-RW Beige

Arianet MIDI Tower3 Blk/Sil ATX2.0 AUDIO / 450w PSU

Hello! to answer your last question. NO. as far as I know any MOBO that you try to turn on without CPU won't beep or do anything except to power up fans (if any connected). Now for the beeps, maybe is a code that is letting you know which component is bad. I'm like 90% that the problem is your RAM, the only way to tell is to test it in another system, if is not your RAM then you maybe got a Bad MOBO. There goes my options. Good Luck

I went and got a new memory card... installed it... did CMOS like its supposed to be done....

I started it up and bios loaded normally.. I changed first boot device to cd and did some minor changes.... I saved my changes and restarted the computer.
I decided to check some more stuff in bios so i pressed dlt again to enter bios settings... there the computer just frooze... I restarted through restart button and tried running the machine but when it came to the part where it says

"Verifying pool data".. it freezes.. just before "Verifying pool data" comes up..

all I see is Pri Master DVD RW ATA66

IDE Channel 3 Master Disc LBA SATAII GB
and info about irq and floppy and that......

It freezes to the point where I need to cut of electricity at the back to shut down.
Ive tryed EVERYTHING i know of....

Ive tryed installing an IDE harddrive...
Ive tryed removing harddrive...
Ive tryed removing graphics card..
Ive tryed removing DVD reader...

It still freezes at that same spot....

1 note... I dont have Floppy installed... and when the computer starts up I can normaly enter BIOS setup... but if I try to press esc to enter BOOT setup.. it gives me the screen with the list of boot devices but freezes. They are listed Floppy, IRL something harddrive something than CD... Its frozen so I cant change the list and I have to press restart button.

is this a bad Motherboard or what is the problem this time...

thank you for any help you ccan give me...

I started it up and bios loaded normally.. I changed first boot device to cd and did some minor changes.... I saved my changes and restarted the computer.
I decided to check some more stuff in bios so i pressed dlt again to enter bios settings... there the computer just frooze...
yoiu should at least attempt to boot up with default settings from BIOS. That way you actually knows what works and what doesn't before you start personalizing bios settings.

Reset CMOS and try again.

If its still unsuccessfull, and you also eliminated all the parts are working ok on another pc you know works etc. then send your mobo for an RMA and hope for the best.

BIOS beeps indicate a hardware failure. In some cases a faulty PSU can give bad beeps. Your mobo manufactuer should be able to tell you what the beep codes mean.

A NO POST can also be caused by a bad PSU. This will also result in a beep(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back