TechSpot

removing cpu

By GeekieNick101
Aug 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have a question aobut how to remove a processer from the motherboard.
    I have a motherboard that blew out and I went to salvage al the working parts and it has a heat sink on top of it so i odnt know how to remove it. I would like to know how to remove the heatsink and the proccessor from the motherboard. I guess I need to order a anti stagtic strap and anti stagic bags beofe I do this. But I would like to get ready to take it out. B th way tis a otherboard out of a Emachiens T2642 and its a 2.60 GHz celeron processor

Thank you so much for your help

2. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

you should check the mobo manual for advice. There should be a clip that supports the Heatsink, once you get the heatsink pull up that little lever and voila the cpu comes out with a soft touch.

3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 524

It worked, i got it out
    Thank you so much for your help, I would have never figured that one out without your help thanks again

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.