Removing Dailer.Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Today as I was working away on my computer, NTDVM.exe kept popping up and said it had experienced an error and must be shut down, so I let it shut down. After about half an hour, this happened again, and again, and again, so I decided to investigate. Norton found it before I could - it reported a Dailer.Trojan virus in both my

C:\Documents and Settings\chester\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

and

C:\WINDOWS\Temp folders

This trojan hasn't done anything destructive to my computer as of yet, but I'd love to stop its annoyances as soon as possible...could anyone help me? I have tried deleting the files using brute force deletion programs but they just keep popping back up again.

There is an HJT log attached for your convenience:
---------------------------------------

This was done in Safe Mode by the way, so if you need a HJT log in normal mode, just tell me.

Thanks!

Chester

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of gizgiz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back