Removing Lindows 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmk

I've just installed Lindows 2 on a 1gig partition of my hd - I used the advanced install and told it which partition to install to...the mouse was jerking, so I decided to delete the partition - using Partition Magic 8.

I then re-sized the main partition (WinXP) to the full isze of the hd. Now I still get the Lindows OS selector, but Lindows has been deleted - as in it won't start up.

How do I get rid of this menu and get WinXP to load automatically? :confused:

Thanks.

boot from windows xp cd, but select repair not install.

choose to repair with the recovery console.

in recovery console, type:

fixmbr
fixboot

reboot and all (should) be well....

Boot from the XP CD, press R for Recovery console, log on to your WinXP drive with the Admin password and then type

fixmbr

Thanks. I'll try it now.

Any ideas what the problem with the mouse was? Its just a normal PS2 mouse, which works fine in Win98, and WinXP..

EDIT: Tried what you said, but got a message:

"This computer seems to have a non - standard or invalid master boot record, FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed."

Should I continue with FIXMBR?

Originally posted by hdmk
Tried what you said, but got a message:

"This computer seems to have a non - standard or invalid master boot record, FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed."

Should I continue with FIXMBR?
Yes, you should. To those operating systems, all non-M$ boot sectors are non-standard or invalid.

well if everything is working then no.

looks like that boot loader wrote itself into the MBR and not the bootsector of the active marked primary partition of the primary master drive.

if its working now, don't do any more.

glad its working.

I tried it back when it was redmond linux and I think it put grub in the mbr. first expierence with linux and I couldn't boot into linux or windows after I did that. wasn't such a fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back