Removing Malaware/Mulitiple random IE windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Following an earlier solution posted on this site I have run SDFIX & Combofix on my XP system to remove malware/mulitple random I E windows.After rebooting, the system is no longer logging onto any user account.When I click on the user account tab it logs off.
Kindly help as the sytems has become inoperative.

Sdas61

Start up in Safe Mode

HowTo:
Press F8 key, before Windows starts loading
Select Safe Mode

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

Run 'chkdsk /r' from the recovery console.

It is believed to have ''miraculous' ' power.

After that, your face a re-install. message # 1 in the thread .

I believe that 'winlogon' is an essential service, so it cannot be disabled from the recovery console. Others are more knowlegable about using the recovery console.

System restore

Many thany everyone..i have had to do a XP restore.Lost all my MS Office/Outlook programs and files including my Outlook business contact list.Is there anyway teh sysetem could have a stored an automatic backup?
thanks
Sdas61

Automated backup - your last observation.

help and support > search 'backup' > ASR (Automated System Recovery) part of backup MS kb818903

Any backup strategy requires effort + discipline. Part of the discipline is your tolerance for added costs for hardware & software, as well as, understanding gaps that exist for each stategy being considered. In my view, there is no perfedt solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back