TechSpot

Removing password windows 2000 pro

By brneyesga
Aug 10, 2005
  1. Got a computer from a friend that has user name and pasword on it (has windows 2000 professional) he can't remember what the password was. Can anyone help me bypass the password to where it will boot up? Thanks in advance.
    brneyesga

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

3. Race

Race TS Rookie

This is much easier.........go to this link and do what it says. You'll have all passwords for that computer within 48 hrs..........or in minutes if you want to pay $20.

http://www.loginrecovery.com/index.html

4. RealBlackStuff

Would YOU trust that recovery-site with that info? Not in a million years!
    Some outfit in the UK, they only registered that website on 23 March 2005.
    You'd be extremely daft to use that!

5. Race

Race TS Rookie

Yeah.......I did use them, and it works perfectly. If you think for a second.........the purpose is to be able to log on to the computer in order to create new passwords, or in my case, install a different OS. All you are doing is uploading a text file with the system's existing encrypted passwords, to be decrypted. If you're stupid enough to keep those passwords after you're able to log in.....that's your problem. You're either too paranoid, or not literate enough to understand how it works.

6. Expired

Expired TS Rookie

7. RealBlackStuff

Before I become racist, some friendly advise: look at what's under my username.
    Do you know what else is hidden in that SAM-file? Guess not.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.