Removing Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

I guess that I will have to just delete the programs that I dont want in the start menu. My 3 years old son has watched me and my older boys playing games like call of duty and halo. I came home from work one night to see my 3 year cruising around MOHAA yelling take that bad guys. I can't in good concious ruin another one of my childrens mind. After MOHAA preschool games just don't cut it. I tried making him a profile of his own but for some reason my wife finds it inconvenient to switch users.

Then do what I did.....get them their own box. PW protect your own. It may take a bit to get it put together but it sounds like it would be worth it for you.

Just my $.02

Masque is right;
I have 2 in their early 20's it is impossible to insulate kids from all the negative stuff out there.You can maximize your ability to protect at home.
If you can get him on his own machine there are many ways to police it .
Just $0 .02 more

You could allways rename it to something "boring" like "spreadsheet editor" if you wanted to keep it in the startmenu.

But, if you're using ntfs, why not create a folder on your desktop in which you put all these shortcuts and password protect it?
Sure, it's possible to get around, but if you 3 y.o. can do that, you might as well throw away the computer.

Or if you're really worried about your children playing "adult" games, get an encryption program and encrypt your games. It'll be more hassle for you to play (since you have to decrypt it each time), but will secure it from any would-be players.

Originally posted by cogenmaster
I tried making him a profile of his own but for some reason my wife finds it inconvenient to switch users.

Can't you explain to your wife to be more careful when user switching? Make sure she switches back when she is done? Just another thought, if it is for the good of your son I think she would try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back