Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so first off let me give you my specs:

Toshiba L505-S5971 (laptop)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Core 2 Duo T6400, 2.0ghz
4 gigs of ram
250gb hdd

So recently my pc has been getting the bsod. Having a fair amount of skills with computers, I did all my usual troubleshooting steps with no success. I tried reading my minidump via WinDbg, also with no success. It came up with a bunch of random characters, numbers, letters, ect. I knew something wasn't right, So this is probably my last resort.

I'm connected through a vizio tv/moniter, so when the bsod appears, it has to readjust itself due to the sudden change in screen, cutting half of the error off. The part I've been able to catch is "_EVALUATION_PERIOD". I did a little research on bsod errors and the only error that ends like this is "END_OF_NT_EVALUATION_PERIOD".

This is strange, because if I got this right, then this error has something to my operating system expiring? It seems like it has something to do with the win7 RC..which I DON'T have - it could be something different though.

So anyways, if you're still reading this, here's my minidump attached. I'd really appreciate it if I could get some interpretation here.

It's been stressing me out heavily, since I'm the kind of person who likes their computer to be as clean and well performing as possible; a little bit of a neat freak.
anyways...
Thanks!

Attachments

• 113009-38048-01.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 4
Your error is 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

The driver cited as the cause of your crashes is RimUsb_AMD64.sys which appears to be a driver for a Blackberry device.

Can you obtain an update the RimUsb_AMD64.sys driver as this driver may not be compatible with Windows 7?

This driver may be part of the Blackberry Desktop Software.

If necessary disconnect the device and uninstall any related software.

Thanks Route44. This wouldn't have anything to do with me taking out my laptop battery would it? Because I took it out since my laptop is always plugged in so I don't need it in.

I'll probably just remove all my blackberry stuff from my computer. I rarely need any of that stuff. I usually just do plug and play.

Thanks a lot! hopefully my bsod's will stop now.

Taking the battery out shouldn't cause any issues. The only time I saw an issue was when a person was in the middle of something running on the battery and so they plug their power cord in the wall and almost immedialty removed their battery.

The problem was the power from the cord didn't kick in soon enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back