Repeated Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPJoe

Hello, I have an HP computer (if you could have guessed) and I am having problems with my computer repeatedly restarting itself. I formatted and tested the ram (which received zero errors) yet the problem keeps happening. I have included all my mini dumps post format. Thank you very much. I have tried everything I can think of and would really appreciate some help.

Attachments

• Mini030308-01.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
Inside the 7 MiniDumps:

BugCheck 1000000A, {4, 2, 1, 804ff322}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe

BugCheck B8, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : TDI.SYS

BugCheck B8, {0, 0, 0, 0}

BugCheck 1000000A, {3f3f3f3f, 2, 1, 804ffe52}

BugCheck 1000000A, {76724ba1, 2, 0, 80500419}
Probably caused by : hardware

BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 2, 0, 805001ad}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys

Error
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list

Thank you for the translation but I may need a little help understanding these errors. What exactly does that mean and how can I fix them? Thank you so much!

Do you have XP installed?

If so check the following:

'Right click' My computer and select 'Properties'
'Click' on the ‘Advanced’ Tab
'Click' the 3rd 'settings' button down under 'Startup and Recovery'
You will find a checkbox that says 'Automatically Restart'
Uncheck this box.

Attachments

• _AutoRestart.JPG
    _AutoRestart.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 5
I did uncheck that box before and I was getting blue screen errors like "IRQL conflict" or something like that. I will see if I can make it happen again to get a more detailed description. Also, I have a proprietary motherboard k8n8x-la and I was worried about using the standard nforce 5.11 drivers in fear they may make things worse.

Could you recommend the best drivers to use? Do you think the harddrive could be damaged?

Thanks for all the help, please let me know what I can do!

From the minidumps, I believe that it is ram problem because it has no pattern. As you know hardware occurs randomly and software problem has fix pattern. Some faulty ram can pass memtest. Try reseating the ram to another memory slot. If it still crashes, swap the ram from the another PC.

The last minidump is crashed with intel interrupt code 8000003 and it is the symptom of faulty ram.

Mini030708-02.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {80000003, 805af58c, ed0c5cc0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!ObIsObjectDeletionInline+14 )

Looks like it could be a hardware conflict. Although software can cause this problem. have you checked the event viewer application logs? You might get a clue there.

A good RAM tester is MemTest86. http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

Have you checked the hardware device manager? Updating all the drivers is a good start.
How old is this PC?
What other software did you install after you loaded XP on?

oh I see that Joe already used MemTest.
I do agree with you, Memtest isn't perfect but its free and a good place too start. I personally use QuickTech Pro, its big bucks but worth it. What would you recommend for HPJoe for testing?

The mem dump does lean towards Bad RAM

Joe .. if your PC has two sticks of RAM in it then my suggestion is to pull one out and see what happens. If it blue screens again, Swap one for the other and try it again.
If it only has one stick then you might want to remove it and try a different stick. Do you know anyone who could do this for you -Or- has similar RAM that you could borrow ? You need to know the type of RAM installed before you can replace it. Check the HP website they will have the specs on your module. Here are 2 links.

Canadian site http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/support.html

US site http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Also in the system event logs I get an Invalid CRT Display type. The source is says is ati2mtag.

"crt invalid display type ati2mtag"

Could this be causing any problems?

Is it a warring message or an Error? ... Either way its sounds like you need to update the video drivers. It is possible that having the wrong display drivers can cause the problem..

You need to find out what card or you have (looks like ATI) and install the correct driver or update it. Going back to what ‘Kimsland’ was suggesting on updating all your drivers.

Did you check the hardware manager for problems?

I did update everything. I notice I am having more problems when I try and transfer files across my network. Could this be hard drive related, because RAM would be in use all the time and should not have much of a pattern, this seems to have a pattern, sort of.

HPJoe said:
I did update everything. I notice I am having more problems when I try and transfer files across my network. Could this be hard drive related, because RAM would be in use all the time and should not have much of a pattern, this seems to have a pattern, sort of.

You could download the hard drive diagnostic tools from HP this will test the whole drive. depending on how big your HDD is it can take hours for the full test.

I have seen bad network cards and onboard LAN cause blue-screens. See if you can get another network card. If its onboard you can get a USB to LAN adapter ... looks something like this one: http://www.ovislink.ca/usblan100+.htm

Then disable your network card under the device manager and hook it up.

You could also try just disabling the network card and keep you laptop running as long as possible to see if it eventually Blue-screens. This is a good way to check if the LAN is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back