Repeating posts.

By Tweakster
Oct 22, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Can certain partys stop Quoting and repeating previous posts on threads i dont have long to read posts and im getting bored of reading quotes all day.
  2. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 418

Errm, come again? I'm not with you on this one?

I'm lost !!!
  3. PHATMAN5050

PHATMAN5050 Newcomer, in training Posts: 645

I think what he is trying to ultimately say is USE THE SEARCH FEATURE! :grinthumb
  4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Well sometimes it helps when there have been multiple comments after the point you wanted to reply on. This makes it easier for everyone to understand what you are replying to.

If you don't want to read them I'd suggest just scrolling past it, and it doens't take that much more time to load the page if it is on there anyway.
  5. Tweakster

Tweakster Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 224

Like this whats the point ? u just read it and now they usually say:

Yeah :eek:)

?????????????
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I'm saying if there were 5 posts between mine and yours, but you wanted to reply to mine then you would quote me so people know exactly what you are talking about, because the topic might have changed in those 5 posts.
  7. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Exactly poertner. There's nothing wrong with quoting someone (like I just demonstrated) because if you read only a little into it you'll know what post he/she is replying to. You don't need to read the whole quote if you've already read the post that's being quoted.
  8. Tweakster

Tweakster Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 224

So if the last post is above like porters why did u quote it fair enough porters comment that subject can be lost.

9. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Quoting sentences or passages, helps viewers to understand what the author is trying to emphasize or highlight on. There should not be anything wrong quoting unless you are not giving sensible replies.
  10. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Agreed, young&wild .
  11. running

running Newcomer, in training Posts: 70

Hello Gang!

12. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

LOL :D

Maybe we get a thread on meaningless replies too :p
  13. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

If you want meaningless replies, try out the word association game!

Indeed running. I agree wholeheartedly.
    wait wait...what am I agreeing with??

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.