Repeating posts.

Tweakster

Can certain partys stop Quoting and repeating previous posts on threads i dont have long to read posts and im getting bored of reading quotes all day.

Well sometimes it helps when there have been multiple comments after the point you wanted to reply on. This makes it easier for everyone to understand what you are replying to.

If you don't want to read them I'd suggest just scrolling past it, and it doens't take that much more time to load the page if it is on there anyway.

Well sometimes it helps when there have been multiple comments after the point you wanted to reply on. This makes it easier for everyone to understand what you are replying to.

Like this whats the point ? u just read it and now they usually say:

Yeah :eek:)

?????????????

I'm saying if there were 5 posts between mine and yours, but you wanted to reply to mine then you would quote me so people know exactly what you are talking about, because the topic might have changed in those 5 posts.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
I'm saying if there were 5 posts between mine and yours, but you wanted to reply to mine then you would quote me so people know exactly what you are talking about, because the topic might have changed in those 5 posts.

Exactly poertner. There's nothing wrong with quoting someone (like I just demonstrated) because if you read only a little into it you'll know what post he/she is replying to. You don't need to read the whole quote if you've already read the post that's being quoted.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Exactly poertner. There's nothing wrong with quoting someone (like I just demonstrated) because if you read only a little into it you'll know what post he/she is replying to. You don't need to read the whole quote if you've already read the post that's being quoted.

So if the last post is above like porters why did u quote it fair enough porters comment that subject can be lost.

So if the last post is above like porters why did u quote it

Quoting sentences or passages, helps viewers to understand what the author is trying to emphasize or highlight on. There should not be anything wrong quoting unless you are not giving sensible replies.

Originally posted by Tweakster
So if the last post is above like porters why did u quote it fair enough porters comment that subject can be lost.

Originally posted by poertner_1274
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like this whats the point ? u just read it and now they usually say:

Yeah )

?????????????

If you don't want to read them I'd suggest just scrolling past it, and it doens't take that much more time to load the page if it is on there anyway.

I think what he is trying to ultimately say is USE THE SEARCH FEATURE

Hello Gang!

If you want meaningless replies, try out the word association game!

Indeed running. I agree wholeheartedly.
[size=1]wait wait...what am I agreeing with??[/size]

Back