replaced motherboard with new same board and now it freezes

By Syxe66
Oct 11, 2007
  1. I am wondering if i need to reinstall the chipset drivers for a motherboard that I replaced with an identical board. Everything seems to work fine with boot up and such, but going into programs, the pc slows down and freezes for a bit and them goes back to normal for a short period of time before slowing down again. if anyone has any i deas, it would be great to hear them.
    the original board died, and since its not my machine, i got many excuses to what may have happened. i looked over the CPU and RAM and didnt see anything out of the ordinary.

2. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,012

You installed the chipset drivers of the motherboard?

Regards Jase :)
  3. Syxe66

Syxe66 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have installed the drivers for the original board that died, but have not installed them after replacing with an identical board
  4. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Guru Posts: 363

Check the BIOS settings.

If it has "Load Optimal Settings" try that.
  5. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TS Maniac Posts: 403

What mobo and processor are they??
  6. Syxe66

intel Pentium D 915 Presler 2.8GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80553915

BIOSTAR 945GZ Micro 775 LGA 775 Intel 945GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PQI24200-2GDB - Retail
  7. Jase123

Try going on the motherboards manufacturers site and download the drivers from there.

8. Syxe66

everything works, thanks
  9. rasta99

rasta99 TS Rookie

reinstall drivers / load up new bios. Ideally, a fresh install of windows will solve most of your problems.
  10. Jase123

No worries mate.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.