Replaced my mobo and have warning: CPU has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I'm new to this. I purchased a computer from MDG and fried my power supply and motherboard. I found another power supply and peplaced the old one and found an identical biostar m900-m4 mobo and switched that up as well thinking it would just boot as normal. When I started up I get:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.00GHZ(200x15.0)
1047552k OK + 1 M TSeg memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZHyper-Threading Technology CPU Detected (Hyper-Threading Technolgy Enabled)
DDR DIMM Speed : 667
PCI Express Slot0 : x16 Lane Widths
IDE Channel 0 Master : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170a 1.05
IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
IDE Channel 1 Master : None
IDE Channel 1 Slave : None

Sata Device 1 : None
Sata Device 2 : None

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)
Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU Ratio changed fail.
Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before

Press F8 to Enable system Configuration
Press F9 to Select Booting Deviceafter POST
Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
01/17/2009-P4M900-8237a-6a7l8B06C-00

Now I have no idea what to do. The Mobo looked to be identical and same model, but I noticed the board was blue instead of green and PCI slots were Orange instead of white but all in all looked the same. Any ideas to avoid paying a hefty sum to take it into a computer shop and dumping a whole whack of money I don't have? Plus I love learning. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Bill

Hi tripper, you might try locating your clear CMOS jumper pins and clearing it out. I attached a pic of your mobo, I believe this is your CMOS CLR jumper ******CONFIRM THIS HOWEVER!***** most likely it will have printed next to it something like (CMOS_CLR) follow instructions in your manual on how many seconds to move the jumpers etc.

Attachments

• biojump.jpg
    biojump.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello - if you look at the messages you posted above, at the bottom, it says:
"Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP"

At that point, hit the DEL key. One of the options should be to load the defaults.
Select it, save the settings and reboot.

one of the options on the bios menu is 'load optimized defaults', i was talking about clearing the CMOS and starting with a default bios

thanks guys. The warning is gone but it still stays on that screen now but this is what it post:
Main Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.00GHZ(200x15.0)
Memory Testing : 1047552k OK + 1 M TSeg memory
CPU Brand Name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHZ
Hyper-Threading Technology CPU Detected (Hyper-Threading Technolgy Enabled)

DDR DIMM Speed : 667
PCI Express Slot0 : x16 Lane Widths
IDE Channel 0 Master : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170a 1.05
IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
IDE Channel 1 Master : None
IDE Channel 1 Slave : None

Sata Device 1 : WDC WD3000JS-00PDB0 21.00M21
Sata Device 2 : None

Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

Press F8 to Enable system Configuration
Press F9 to Select Booting Deviceafter POST
Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
01/17/2009-P4M900-8237a-6a7l8B06C-00

so that's what it says now. Is it possibly my hard drive? I believe I set it up properly, I'm just trying to figure out the floppy disc fail(40) remark.

Thanks again for the help thus far

Press DEL to enter the Setup. Select "standard cmos features" (usually the first option).
Where you see drive A, set it to none. Exit, save, and restart.

(I'm assuming you don't have a floppy attached)

Brilliant, thank you so much! I made the field "none" and when I rebooted it went right through.and loaded XP. This site is fantastic. All the best to everyone cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back