Replacement for Scratched XP Home CD Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavornex

I have this Win XP Home Edition which I’ve been using since I bought my PC some 3 years ago. Thru necessities of re-installations during those periods, it accumulated scratches and lately displayed errors that failed to load some files. Too late now, cleaning the disc won’t help.

I understand that what I bought from Microsoft is the license, so I should get a CD replacement (either FREE or with nominal fee).

Note: I contacted Microsoft about replacement, but was told to buy new one? What happens to my license then? Anybody out there with same situation?

cavornex said:
I have this Win XP Home Edition which I’ve been using since I bought my PC some 3 years ago. Thru necessities of re-installations during those periods, it accumulated scratches and lately displayed errors that failed to load some files. Too late now, cleaning the disc won’t help.

I understand that what I bought from Microsoft is the license, so I should get a CD replacement (either FREE or with nominal fee).

Note: I contacted Microsoft about replacement, but was told to buy new one? What happens to my license then? Anybody out there with same situation?

MS suck, If you registered your copy by name and address then you should be entitled to all the support MS can offer, I would ring them back again and tell them that one of their disks has failed in time and that you demand a replacement, your other option is to get a copy made from a friend and use that, as you legally own a copy of XP then its not illegal to have a backup copy.

Regards

Thanks IDIDMYC600

In my place, we can acquire XP Installers (Home or Pro, doesn't matter) for a dirt cheap price equivalent to US$1.45! I'll not mention if I'm using it now coz Bill might be eavesdropping right now. But if only I had my way, I'll recommend it to GRGirl, that poor gal we're advising on her XP installers...remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back