Replacement Motherboard for emachine TS2385

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jboman

I have an inquiry in hopes of getting a reply soon.

Here is my first post and situation at hand.

I have a similar situation as cowboy posted on 7-28-06 and 7-29-06.

I have a emachine T2385 and one day attempting to boot-up it wouldn't.
I assumed the PSU had went bad, so I ordered another one. After installing the new PSU the system wouldn't boot. The power supply works, but no power to the motherboard. I noticed the LED light was amber in color and just flashing. I switched out a PSU from a good working emachine of same model (TS2385) with same results. I should have done that first before purchasing the PSU. You live and learn, huh?

I visited the emachine site to check out if any replacment motherboard's were available, no mobo's currently available, DANG! I called PARTS, and was told by a customer service person there are currently no replacment motherboards available for TS2385's, and I might as well throw it out, and buy a new PC.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a generic or replacment motherboard compatible for a emachine TS2385? Also, will need a compatible chipset as well.

Jboman.

because emachines is an OEM build, there is no guarantee that standard parts will fit or work properly. you can always try, though. there are still plenty of socket 478 boards out there that will aork with your processor. i recommend one of the asus p4p800 series motherboards, you'll probably have to use a micro ATX board to fit your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back