Replacing CPU In HP Pravilion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageOfTheWabash

How difficult is it to replace/upgrade the CPU In this rig?

Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion Intel® Core 2 Duo Wireless N Notebook w/ Webcam & TV Tuner - Vista Premium (dv9535)
1.5GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo T5250 Centrino, 2GB RAM, 240GB HD, Dual DVD±RW w/ LightScribe, Wireless 802.11a/g/n, 17" WXGA HD Display, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - 256MB Dedicated, Webcam, TV Tuner, Windows® Vista Premium (HP

Have a look at the HP website to see if you can find instructions on how to replace the CPU. I know the Lenovo/IBM has such an area that's easy to find.

But remember that replacing the CPU is one thing but is the cooling system designed to cool a hotter running part ?

While I do not know the specifics, most laptops have CPUs that are hard-soldered. Some however, are a simple replacement. Generally it is a lot more difficult to replace laptop CPUs.

Hello Tedster old friend. I was hoping that you would respond to my post. You never fail to be spot on with your no nonsence advice.

I suspected that replacing a CPU in a laptop would be a different kettle of fish.
How about over clocking it instead? Does the bios of laptops generally allow OC'ing?

Also would the above described rig run, Morrowind, Oblivion, HalfLife 2 episode 2, and Bioshock?

Thanx Ted, You are golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back