Replacing CPU In HP Pravilion?

By SageOfTheWabash
Nov 17, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How difficult is it to replace/upgrade the CPU In this rig?

Hewlett-Packard
    Pavilion Intel® Core 2 Duo Wireless N Notebook w/ Webcam & TV Tuner - Vista Premium (dv9535)
    1.5GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo T5250 Centrino, 2GB RAM, 240GB HD, Dual DVD±RW w/ LightScribe, Wireless 802.11a/g/n, 17" WXGA HD Display, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - 256MB Dedicated, Webcam, TV Tuner, Windows® Vista Premium (HP
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Have a look at the HP website to see if you can find instructions on how to replace the CPU. I know the Lenovo/IBM has such an area that's easy to find.

But remember that replacing the CPU is one thing but is the cooling system designed to cool a hotter running part ?
  3. SageOfTheWabash

SageOfTheWabash Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 58

OK then, what about over clocking? Could this CPU be over clocked to say... 2Ghz?
  4. SageOfTheWabash

I can buy this rig for around $900. It has everything that I want, except a more powerful CPU.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

While I do not know the specifics, most laptops have CPUs that are hard-soldered. Some however, are a simple replacement. Generally it is a lot more difficult to replace laptop CPUs.
  6. SageOfTheWabash

Hello Tedster old friend. I was hoping that you would respond to my post. You never fail to be spot on with your no nonsence advice.

I suspected that replacing a CPU in a laptop would be a different kettle of fish.
    How about over clocking it instead? Does the bios of laptops generally allow OC'ing?

Also would the above described rig run, Morrowind, Oblivion, HalfLife 2 episode 2, and Bioshock?

Thanx Ted, You are golden.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.