TechSpot

Replacing E-Machine Motherboard, recomendations?

By jeztar
Mar 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm about ready to replace my E-Machine T5026. I was thinking I could scrap the
    motherboard but keep everything else, i.e. case, power, processor etc. Is it a good idea to buy an after-market motherboard and fit inside the E-Machine case
    using E-Machine parts, or should I just wait until my E-Machine completely dies
    and just start over. Any advice will be much appreciated. TY.

P.S. What motherboard would you recommend I use if I'm just swapping out motherboards.
  2. foozy

foozy Newcomer, in training Posts: 267

Replace the power supply first, then motherboard. This forum is littered with homicidal eMachine power supplies.
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

Bad Emachines power supplies take out crappy Emachines motherboards. Both should be replaced at the same time.

Your T5026 is a Pentium 4 Intel based, dual channel DDR memory board. There are a few motherbard recommendations in the many posts on Emachines. Take a look
  4. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

That machine seems pretty old.... time to get a new one :D

Do yourself a favor and avoid eMachines :D
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,757   +157

All Emachines computers are old before they are removed from the shipping box. Substandard parts are their specialty... Parts that other computer makers reject
  6. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

eMachines have to make money..... They can't give good parts at low prices AND still make money....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.