Report: Apple will use IGZO displays for new iPad, MacBook

By Shawn Knight
Jul 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is reportedly in talks with LG and Sharp to provide IGZO displays for the iPad and MacBook. The new energy-saving technology would deliver better battery life to both portable machines and could arrive on Appleā€™s tablet as early as...

Read more
  2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed Newcomer, in training Posts: 116   +24

Hey, doesn't LG make Android phones?
  3. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 884   +86

Igzo panels look great. I think they will quickly replace ips panels. IIRC, sharp has a monopoly on the with their aquos series so that amy never happen. Still, it's the best picture I've seen behind plasma and amoled.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

LG displays suck. Good to hear that Sharp is stepping in.
  5. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 994   +149

if lg displays **** and isheep buys apple products which utilize this type of lg display, are isheep ****ers then? :)

(oh, I remember I have two 20" monitors, one is made by acer, the other is made by lg. I'm also a ****er! :) )
    H3llion likes this.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,954   +726

If they're as good and cheap as they claim to be then everybody should be using them.
  7. JC713

I have had iphones with crappy displays. I opened it up and found out through some research that it was a LG. LG has not been good to me xD.
  8. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 714   +28

I have a 22inch LG 1680x1050 TFT and its been great for the 4 years I have owned it. I also bought a 26inch LG LCD TV (1366x768) 7 years ago to use with my Xbox 360 and its still going strong. I would definitely purchase LG again. Maybe one of us was lucky/unlucky :)
  9. JC713

Their general displays are great. The ones for mobile devices arent that great.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.