Requested logs from removal instructions of virus/spyware/malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, how are you? Thanks so much for your specific instructions on removal of Viruses/Spyware/Malware. I have followed them all as written and attached the three logs that are requested.

Also it was requested to post the results of the AVG Antirootkit (I have Windows Vista) -- when I ran that program it found nothing and therefore there were no results.

I stopped having the flashing yellow triangle and symptoms on Internet Explorer after I ran the SmitFraudFix program.

However, now I do get an error message when I click Internet Explorer icon on the destop (but I don't get that same message if I click it on the taskbar).

Lastly, when trying to turn my Windows Security Center service back on, the computer gives me a message saying the service cannot be turned back on.

Please advise on further action.

Thanks and have a great day!

Attachments

• AVG Anti Spyware Report-Scan-20071119-093549.txt
    510 bytes · Views: 5
I just wanted to add that my Internet Explorer symptoms are becoming worse. I get an error everytime I try to put in a new web address, etc. Actually pulling up a website only works every once in awhile and it is not my web connection that is the problem, as I am able to use my other laptop to connect with no problem to the same connection.

Still looking forward to someone looking at my logs and letting me know what I need to do.

Appreciate it!

Hillary

My logs

Attached are my logs as requested. At this time, I notice no more symptoms. I had been overtaken by Rapid anti-virus and some other things as well. Thank you for any help you can provide.

It has been 4 days since I submitted my logs. Help anyone? Where else might I send them?

Although the instructions say either starting a new thread or replying is fine, maybe by pasting my logs in a reply, they were overlooked. If someone could look under the older hjhatcher at my logs I'd really appreciate it. They're from a laptop that I'm not using until I'm confident the problem has been taken care of, so I don't have them handy to repost in a separate thread.

Thanks a lot.

lotus; - Your post in this thread is not appropriate. Ordinarily you would be encouraged to re-post in your own thread. Suffice it to say - you're clean after scanning with the tools.

jhatcher; It's regrettable that this thread was not acknowleged in a timely manner. The extraneous post was part of the situation for this thread. Parts of the description give the impression another thread is being followed for this problem.

If MBAM & SAS scans are not working or not updating, then consider the following:

Choice 1
CureIt 4.44 now available @Cnet. (download dot com - phoenetical spelling to frustrate spy-slurpers recording the link). Alternative is a direct link to vendor: Freeware version - Drweb CureIt

choice 2
This was developed locally: script by mflynn zipped to zap bug screwing update/download

Of course, for the full treatment, please consider the 8-step malware removal guide

Please include a progress report & identify If CureIt or mflynn was helpful. Re-state the symptoms that are still present.

Thanks!

Thanks, rf6647. I guessed later that this probably wasn't right, but I appreciate and am relieved too see your feedback because I was afraid to keep using that computer.

FYI - I had followed the instructions in step 8, which currently say "To attach a log click on New Thread (or use Post Reply in an existing thread)."

So I'm not sure if your a moderator or just a helpful participant, but wanted to let you know of that instruction in case other people follow it, too.

Thanks again, truly, and sorry for any confusion I created with the post.

Lotus, message received. I am a techie volunteer. Procedures are a big challenge to get them right - unambiguous. We try. The mods keep things moving & will pick up on this. The intent is to direct the dialogue to the originator. There is no expressed rule forbidding others from making a contribution or seeking clarification as part of the knowledge exchange practiced here.

Another purpose for this reply reconditions this thread should jhatcher have unresolved issues.

This response ‘covers’ previous post. A reply indicates that an infection remains or some aspect was not addressed.

P.S. I'm real slow composing my replies. Real s...l....o.....w! The mod has responded.

Wow, that's quick!

Thanks again to both (all) of you for your help and service. I was quickly infected after my anti-virus/firewall protection subscription expired. I had thought it would only stop updating and I could get around to resubscribing the next time I logged on, but instead it shut itself completely off and my computer was already infected by the next time I logged on. I was either pretty unlucky/careless or its a really buggy world out there now.

Success

SYMPTOMS: when submitting a search in IE ver 6.0.2900.2180. SP2 AND in Mozilla Firefox ver 5.0 Gecko/20080708 Firefox/3.0.1 My Google search was hijacked and the results returned were of various "sub-search" pages. A simple Google search for a particular US bank did not even return the bank's home page in the result set. Interestingly, when I ran the search in Google Chrome ver 0.4.154.29 my results were NOT hijacked!

After following the steps outlines in w w w.techspot.com/ vb/topic58138.html My search results are no longer hijacked.

FYI, I had been running mMcAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.5.0i with DAT file version 5453 updated today! And still I was very infected with spyware and hijacks.

Attached are the log files requested.

Multiple IE Windows/malaware

Hi,
Following an earlier solution posted on this site I ran SDFix & Combofix on my XP system to remove malware/mulitple random I E windows.After rebooting, the system is no longer logging onto any user account.When I click on the user account tab it logs off.
Kindly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back