Requirements for Windows 7

Years ago, I loaded Win7 on a 60 gig hard drive, do not get me wrong I am not saying it is good, but it will work!

I'm currently using a 60GB SSD. I have all my games installed on a HDD used for data storage. I would say the minimum is 30GB plus the space needed for apps/games and storage. Everyone's needs are different, depending on the type of apps installed and the amount of storage used.

I have a C: drive on which my Win 7 pro system occupies 35Gb. There is very little data on that drive, all major data storage is on another drive. You will probably have spotted that all experienced users do this kind of arrangement - it is far more effective for secure backup. Note both OS drive and data drive are on the same physical drive, but both drives are backed up to a second portable USB physical drive.

I had partitioned ~65 GB of space on my HDD for Win7, and data on the other partition. That worked fine for couple years. Then one day, when I tried to update Flash player, it failed due to low disk space. Don't recall how much space I had at the time, just that C: drive capacity had been hovering in the red zone. I deleted couple restore points and system error dump files to free up space. Eventually, I installed a 250 GB SSD for the OS. After deleting Win7 partition on the HDD, I got more room for data.

Years ago, I loaded Win7 on a 60 gig hard drive, do not get me wrong I am not saying it is good, but it will work!
I have older computer running win7 on a 80gig drive with no problems, Plus another one with the same hard drive 80gigs running win 8.1.

Back