rermoving DRWatson

By Ima Gunna
Jun 18, 2005
  1. before i get my BFH :knock:dose any one know how to remove drwatson post mortom debugger. it keeps popping up when ever i enable "extend support of advanced text services to all programs" after I reboot none of the icons by the clock start up and every thing freezes until i kill the prosses drwatson.exe but it's like that cat in the song no matter what I do it keeps coming back. if i disable the above every thing's norml and i have to type witch adds about an hour an'a 1/2 to my day. I'm running XP w/SP2 retail.
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Run regedit or regedt32, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ AeDebug, set "Auto" to 0 and/or set "Debugger" to an empty string.
  3. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

But make a note of the original settings in case you want to get it back for some reason :)
  4. Steve05

Steve05 TS Rookie Posts: 51

This tools came together with any XP O/S & very useful for programmers but for ordinary user like us, it is a bit of pain. You can switch it off though, as an error finder. Search for the key in ‘regedit’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE| Software| Microsoft| WindowsNT| Current Version| Ae Debug], Export the key by using “File|Export|Selected Branch“, then you can remove the entry. Well, if you do want to use Dr.Watson later, double-click on the saved REG file to merge the file back into the registry, after that, open ‘Start| run’ and enter the following command ~:
    Drwtsn32 -1
  5. Ima Gunna

Ima Gunna TS Rookie Topic Starter

no dice, still says "failed to create shell notiftion icon, click OK" NO Bill, it's not O.K. thanks for the head ache

anyway i searched the reg and deleted any thing that resambled drwatson i gusse i'll kjust have to learn to type puke: thanks for the help i'll be around
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.