rermoving DRWatson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ima Gunna

before i get my BFH :knock:dose any one know how to remove drwatson post mortom debugger. it keeps popping up when ever i enable "extend support of advanced text services to all programs" after I reboot none of the icons by the clock start up and every thing freezes until i kill the prosses drwatson.exe but it's like that cat in the song no matter what I do it keeps coming back. if i disable the above every thing's norml and i have to type witch adds about an hour an'a 1/2 to my day. I'm running XP w/SP2 retail.

Run regedit or regedt32, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ AeDebug, set "Auto" to 0 and/or set "Debugger" to an empty string.

But make a note of the original settings in case you want to get it back for some reason :)

This tools came together with any XP O/S & very useful for programmers but for ordinary user like us, it is a bit of pain. You can switch it off though, as an error finder. Search for the key in ‘regedit’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE| Software| Microsoft| WindowsNT| Current Version| Ae Debug], Export the key by using “File|Export|Selected Branch“, then you can remove the entry. Well, if you do want to use Dr.Watson later, double-click on the saved REG file to merge the file back into the registry, after that, open ‘Start| run’ and enter the following command ~:
Drwtsn32 -1

no dice, still says "failed to create shell notiftion icon, click OK" NO Bill, it's not O.K. thanks for the head ache

anyway i searched the reg and deleted any thing that resambled drwatson i gusse i'll kjust have to learn to type puke: thanks for the help i'll be around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back