TechSpot

Research reveals Facebook hashtags have zero viral impact

By Scorpus
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Back in June, Facebook decided to follow in the footsteps of Twitter and implemented hashtags into news feeds and posts. Like with other social media outlets, each hashtag is clickable and delivers the user to a search page for that...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,599   +628

#Fail

p51d007 and JC713 like this.
  3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Good.. I am sick of all this hashtag ****.

wastedkill and p51d007 like this.
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,192   +246

Please this has much of a impact as twitters hashtags except twitter is more simple where as facebook is more detailed and you need to spend more time looking at stuff.

hashtags aren't the way to make something viral in my opinion I just see them as something people use because they just can not because its gonna be come viral or anything like that.

Plus a company that posts this after they did "research" is worthless they just aren't accurate as they dont account for anything they cant see facebooks database or anything like that to see what real impact there is on hashtags.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

I have not seen them used often. I kind of thought they were dead.

6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

They are all losers and this country is screwed. #auspol

7. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Maniac Posts: 1,007   +103

LMAO. Thanks, I needed that.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.