Researchers conduct first human brain-to-brain communication

By David Tom
Aug 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Researchers from the University of Washington have successfully performed the first non-invasive human-to-human brain interface. What would appear to be the scene of a science fiction novel, the breakthrough allows any individual to control the movements of another person using...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

I will remain skeptical.
  3. The question is, do we really want to know what other people are thinking? ladies?
  4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Kinda scary when you think in depth of the application of this. If all it took was a fancy cap and equiptment then we would be in danger of harming ourselves at the instruction of someone else. Yes I know, its a long ways off. Then again so was the internet, datapads, and a comercially owned space flight company. Its a little creepy that someone could effect your bodily movements from a distance. Its has a few applications that might be useful in a crisis situation, but the ABUSE of this technology is more likely.
  5. Really this is what they waste time and money on? the point of this would be to? even as a proof of concept, just to see if it can be done is a waste of money.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,765   +1,427

So they can say they were victims of mind control, in the court of law. Can you imagine every court case starting with, "It wasn't me, I would have never done that on my own."?
  7. I think these days too few people have a mind of their own anyway

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.