Reset Windows Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBNinja101

Now, Howard before you close my thread. Resetting the Windows Date is not illegal.

The other thread was no illegal. To reset the date, you change your clock back a few days and in some cases, the trial software's trial will move back a few days too. There is nothing illegal about this, However nowadays (with adobe for instance) they do not use the clock as the timer for the trials and "changing time" does not affect the trials. But some old software will follow the clock and therefore keep the trial lasting forever and Windows goes back in time.

Simon

I personally don't think Howard would close your thread with such a minor issue, i mean i don't see anythng wrong about reset time for the trials, becoz some software r inteligent.
So i guess u should wakeup from that dream, Howard wouldn' t do that.
Robin

Tis not wise to fool with Father Howard. Multiple posts on the same subject is usually a no-no. Continuing a closed thread is usually a no-no. Arguing with a Moderator in public in usually a no-no. Having more than one profile is usually a no-no. If you continue on this track you might as well settle your accounts now, and be prepared to be ripped a new one.

Good Luck!

Circumventing a security feature present in a software is similar to using NO-CD cracks to run software without a proper licence.

If you want to keep using the software then buy it. If you don't want to buy it then assume your actions & get help elsewhere on the matter.

Thread closed.

Since I`ve been mentioned bu name, I`ll respond.

While resetting the Windows date is not illegal, the reason for doing this in the other thread I closed most certainly was.

Trying to extend a free trial by such means is not legal. As Didou quite rightly said. If you want the software, go and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back