TechSpot

resolution problem

By remote
Mar 2, 2007
  1. hi guys, im new here. i've unable to find the solution to my resolution problem that i am facing.

im using ATi radeon powercolor x700 graphic card.
    but heres the problem, everytime i switched on my comp, the default resolution setting is 800 x 600 which i do not prefer. i try setting it to 1024 x 768, but it do not works when i adjust it from control panel > appearance and theme > change resolution.

i've installed the ATi catalyst control center, and onli from there i can change my resolution to 1024 x 768 manually. and i haf to do this everytime whenever i power up my pc.

any solution to permanently set my resolution to 1024 x 768 whenever i power up my comp ?

thanks alot.

2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 595

You need to go into the BIOS and make sure AGP/PCI is the primary video adapter.

It`s usally under "Integrated Peripherals", or "Advanced Chipset Features"

See here

3. remote

remote TS Rookie Topic Starter

frankly speaking im a computer *****. i tried goin into my bios page but i cant seems to find the peripheral selection.

4. Po`Girl

It`s there somewhere :) Just keep looking for "Primary video adapter"
    or "Default video" in one of the Advanced or Peripheral menus.

The options it gives you are usually Onboard/AGP,PCI

5. remote

hey, sorry to say i cant seems to find what u have instructed mi to. perhaps u can gif mi a more specific of how i can look into it ? sorry to trouble u and thank u so much.

6. remote

isit under advance chipset settings?

booting graphic adapter priority [internal PCI/ int VGA] ?

7. Po`Girl

Yes that`s it.There are many variations on where it is in different BIOSs

You want the AGP/PCI option ie NOT onboard/internal.

See here HERE if you want more details. Look for "Set the primary video display in the BIOS"

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.