Resolution too high makes monitor unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skutty

Hey TechSpot,

I accidentally set my video resolution to something my monitor can't handle, and have no way of setting it back. I've tried it on three different monitors - two gave me 'signal unreadable' messages, the third just gave static - and I tried navigating through the menus using a different system as reference, but to no avail. Any help? :D

I've safe mode booted, but the drivers aren't broken, reinstalling them won't change the resolution will it?

Boot into safe mode and uninstall the video drivers. Then, boot into normal mode, reinstall the video drivers and set the resolution to something your monitor can handle.

Regards Howard :)

"Or, instead of uninstalling, just set the resolution in Safe Mode.."

Yes, like in FIX THEM!

:)

Or you don't even need to screw around with safe mode. On that menu where you choose safe mode there is also VGA mode, which boots your system like normally but at a low resolution, its basically designed for situations like this.

Thats what i did

Nodsu said:
Or, instead of uninstalling, just set the resolution in Safe Mode..
I agree with Nodsu totally.
Mine locked up from a wrong video setting,Safe mode fixed it.
I have XP Home.
It helps to name YOUR OS,;)

CARD SHUFFLE TO THE RESCUE!!! take out the video card and boot pc with no video card........hold power shut down.........reinsert video card.......boot pc windows will find it and ask for drivers........ present them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back