Resolved: Computer restarts over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
My computer restarts automatically . Sometimes it allows me to goto desktop.But now it is not even allowing me to goto login screen.It is restarting in loop. I suspect his as Trojan virus attack.This problem is existing since 1 weeks now.I see some folder with long name which is sitting there since Nov 28 2009....when ever i click on that folder,or any file in windows explorer it restarts,if i don't use windows explorer at all,or if i don't open any notepad it doesn't restart.When I click new window on fire fox it restarts.It is not letting me to go to desktop even in safe mode.Now it is totally stuck.It is not even letting me to go on to login screen.Please help.
Upon continuosly trying now I am able to go on to login screen.I think being able to access desktop should fasciliate resolving the problem?

Thanks
Veena

Please understand that this is a very busy forum,. bumping a thread after a few hours isn't advised.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the preliminary virus and malware removal steps HERE.

Be sure to check the lines in Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to remove the entries found.

Do not removal any entries in the HijackThis log. We will help with that.

Attach all 3 logs to your next reply for review.

After this, if we think you should run Combofix, we will instruct you to do so. Please do not run it until or unless we do.

Unable to see hijack this log

I am sorry to bump.I did it as it is very difficult to start my computer if it shuts down .

I followed the 8 steps process.I am not able to see hijackthis log.Upon selecting scan and save log option ,window will appear which will do quick scan and disappear. I am attaching other 2 logs except hijackthis log.

Thanks
Veena

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-02-21 (16-53-45).txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-21-2010 - 18-04-21.txt
    795 bytes · Views: 1
Hijack this log file

I am attaching hijackthis log file .I could locate in C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis directory.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

Thank you for helping . Problem is resolved.You can close this thread.It was also some hardware drive connections problem.

Thanks
Veena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back