[Resolved] I have Win32:Trojan-gen {Other} virus, Please check my log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninstall HJT

You are running an out of date version of Hijackthis you also have it installed in an incorrect directory. And judging by the directory C:\Documents and Settings\ai2\Desktop\Win32Trojan-gen {Other}\hijackthis.exe

I would say there is a good chance you are infected :D

1)Download and install the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) from http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe (Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory. It will also automatically OPEN HJT, CLOSE IT)

2)Open Program Files folder and rename hijackthis.exe to Crusty.exe because some malware can hide from highjackthis. Right click the HijackThis.exe file and choose rename to do this. Right click the Crusty.exe file and choose send to desktop(create shortcut).

***Under no circumstances should you add any items to the HJT ignore list. Under no circumstances should you change the directory that highjackthis downloads to.

Hi Blind Dragon,

Thanks for the fast reply.. I already installed the new version of hijackthis. Here's my new log file.. please check :) thanks!

Hi,

1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quote box below into it (all except the word QUOTE):

File::
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lulglwiwymev.sys
  2. Save this as CFScript on the desktop.
  3. Referring to the image below, drag CFScript (hold the left mouse button while dragging the file) and drop it (release the left mouse button) into ComboFix.exe.
    CFScript.gif

4. ComboFix will begin to execute, just follow the prompts. After reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it shall produce a log for you. Post that log (Combofix.txt) in your next reply.
    Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to hang

Thereafter, please post a fresh HJT log and the resultant ComboFix log from the above instructions as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of mickey524 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

1. Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

2. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

3. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

4. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

5. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of mickey524 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thread closed as the problem appears to have been resolved. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back