Respawn, developer of Titanfall, is creating a new Star Wars game

Scorpus

Staff member

A new Star Wars gaming is coming in the near future from Respawn Entertainment, the developer that created popular multiplayer shooter Titanfall. Like with Titanfall, EA will be publishing this untitled game, with God of War's Stig Asmussen serving as the game's director.

The announcement that Respawn is working on a Star Wars game seems to have come very early in the development cycle. Little is known about what this game will involve, although Respawn did say it will be a 3rd-person action adventure title.

In the blog post announcing the game, Asmussen said that "we promise to pay respect to the Star Wars legacy at all times, a fact that will be constantly reinforced and honored as a central game design tenet." Hopefully this means Respawn will steer well clear of what made The Force Unleashed II so mediocre.

There is no word on when this Star Wars game will be launching, although it's one of several Star Wars games being worked on by partners of EA. Here's a quick refresher on what we can expect:

• DICE, developer of Star Wars Battlefront, is continuing to work on Star Wars games
  • BioWare, known for Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic, has an unannounced project in the works
  • Visceral Games, developer of Dead Space and Battlefield: Hardline, is working with new EA developer Motive Studios on a presumably action-adventure Star Wars title
  • Capital Games, which specialize in mobile games like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, has new projects in the work
  • Respawn Entertainment is creating a third-person action adventure Star Wars game

Along with new films scheduled every year, there is a lot in store for fans of Star Wars over the next few years.

Permalink to story.

I could be wrong, but aren't the respawn developers a load of people from infinity ward and originally created the call of duty franchise?

No, I was basing my positive hopes on Dead Space. Should I be worried?
Hardline was terrible. If you try and play it on PC today there's about 3 servers with any players on.
Probably the biggest waste of money I've ever spent (except for maybe Crysis 2).

Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and after lots of patching 4 as well, were all in their own right, fantastic games.
Hardline really was awful, It's like Visceral copied Dice then sort of, took the soul out of it. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just isn't a very good game.

Battlefield 1 looks like Dice are back in charge and will be pulling out a decent game after nearly 3 years.
Mass Effect: Andromeda is something I'm really looking forward to, it's been in the works for a while and BioWare didn't fail us on any of the other Mass Effects (even with the controversy surrounding Mass Effect 3).

These two games I am looking forward to immensely!

Back