Restart Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I was hoping someone would be able to lend me some advice. I have just built a PC for my parents and everything is running great. Whole system is up and running. The only problem, although small, is that when i click restart from the start menu on desktop OR press the restart button on the PC itself, the screen goes black as though it is restarting. Problem is the screen stays blank although the PC is still running.

If i hold in the power button to shut off the PC and press it back on again that works fine. It is just frustrating me what is stopping it from restarting properly, as we shouldnt have to shut it off and on in order to restart after installing a program for example.

Anyways here are the specs. Please any help will be greatly appreciated as i have to go set up their modem tomorrow and it would be ideal to get it fixed then.

ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2.13GHz
Geforce 7300 GS 256MB PCI-E
Hanns-G HU196D 19" LCD Monitor
1GB PC4200 DDR2 667
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
Pioneer 16x DVD-RW

VIPER said:
Hi guys. I was hoping someone would be able to lend me some advice. I have just built a PC for my parents and everything is running great. Whole system is up and running. The only problem, although small, is that when i click restart from the start menu on desktop OR press the restart button on the PC itself, the screen goes black as though it is restarting. Problem is the screen stays blank although the PC is still running.

If i hold in the power button to shut off the PC and press it back on again that works fine. It is just frustrating me what is stopping it from restarting properly, as we shouldnt have to shut it off and on in order to restart after installing a program for example.

Anyways here are the specs. Please any help will be greatly appreciated as i have to go set up their modem tomorrow and it would be ideal to get it fixed then.

ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU 2.13GHz
Geforce 7300 GS 256MB PCI-E
Hanns-G HU196D 19" LCD Monitor
1GB PC4200 DDR2 667
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
Pioneer 16x DVD-RW

Sounds like a BIOS issue preventing a normal reboot,
A couple of things.

BIOS, make sure Plug and Play OS is set to YES
Make sure that first choice of Video card is set to AGP (or PCI if thats your card type)
see if BIOS has a setting for assign IRQ to VGA or similar.

Lastly download the manual for the Mobo if you dont have it and make sure all the BIOS settings match what the manual state,.

Thats it....

Regards

Thanks alot for the reply "Ididmyc600", i appreciate all and any help. If anyone else has any ideas PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post them, like i said im going to install their broadband for them tomorrow so it would be nice to have a few different perspectives on what could be wrong so that i can try as many possibilities as possible in the time im there. I realise there are others with problems, and alot of you are busy trying to help them too, so please dont mistake my "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" as impatience.

As i said before, all advice, ideas, or help in any way is greatly appreciated. It isnt a MAJOR problem but it will irritate me thinking about it.

Thanks in advance.
VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back