Restarted computer.. everything seems to be reverted to when I bought it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasio-

No idea. Computer was running slow because i opened a .xml file in firefox.. =/.. so i hit the power button, let it force shut down, when i rebooted everything was different. It did this little thing at the beginning saying Applying personal settings for (Internet Explorer 6, desktop update something, and a few other things). It put the field background that you get when you install windows as my background, changed all my settings like Running for Performance back to Let windows choose what's best. Uh.. my start menu now makes like an ugly clicking sound when you scroll over something and the menus are dark grey instead of light -.- I'm sure there's more I've only been on for 5 minutes.

I'm wondering if I can get it back to how I had it before restarting, because I customized alot of settings that I forget about now.

Heh, I would have, but a long time ago I downloaded a virus accidentally and it blocked my ability to do that. It blocked Command Prompt, Process Manager, and a bunch of other things.. so unless you know how to unlock it (probably registry, but I looked and found nothing), that isn't an option.

It's probably the virus that's changing all your windows settings too. You need to dl AVG anti-virus and do a full scan (can take an hour or more depending on files and HDD size). Google for AVG.

This was a long time ago. The virus is gone, and I have a registered version of Spyware Doctor, aswell as NOD32, AVG, etc. My computer's clean.

Rofl, that was pretty mindless. If it's a registry key, regardless if the virus is existant or not, the ability to restore wouldn't change.

<font color="ZOMG-RED">Regards, Jasio</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back