Restarting error 0X000000D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrax

Hello Friends,

This is my first time here, so I hope I am in the right place.

After doing much research on the 0x000000d1 error message that I am now getting because my system keeps restarting, I found this link to this website

www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-30662-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL-STOP-0x000000D1.html

But, I did not see that there was a solution to the error? My system has been restarting now for a couple weeks and the worst part is, it restarts when I am doing the most work on my computer. I lose everything because even with continuous "safes" I still seem to lose websites I might be using for research and so on.

If I run this program that I have been reading in that thread "hijackthis" what will it show? How do I get it? Is it free?

Ok, here is my system: AMD 64x2 4600 2.4GHz dual core, SLI with 2 - GT7900 video cards, main hard drive 160gig, secondary hard drive 360 gigs. Running Windows XP Pro, 2 gigs of ram.

The only changes I made before this problem occured was the installation of 2 more gigs of ram. The problem I seen when I done this was, after installing the ram (yes correctly), it showed I had 3.25gigs of usable ram, why did it not show 4 gigs? My system can handle 8 gigs of ram. Then after I got the first error message about one week later, I took the ram out thinking it might of had a bad chip, but that was not the case as the problem still exists. I am still hesitating on re-installing the ram again until the issue is resolved.

Someone suggested to me at work to just reinstall Windows, but I am not satisfied with that answer just yet.

If anyone can offer a solution to the problem, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Thorrax

Most likely cause is defective memory. Go back to your old dimm, and you will find it works correctly. Get your memory replaced under warranty, unless you didn' t us gloves and protection.
For verification, download and run the free MemTest86. You may need a full test which takes 4 hours or seven passes.

Thank you again for the quick replies! Wow, what a website!

Ok, I did not remove the original 2 gigs of ram that I have now, I only took out the 2 new chips I put in. So what you are saying is, maybe its one of my original 2 gig ram chips that might be going bad?

Thank you for the website information. I will download them and check my system when I get home from work.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Thorrax

Run Memtest86, on all of them, then you will know. You can find it with a Google search. A memory test will take four hours if it will run that long. If it won't run, switch out memory modules until you get something that does.

Well as I said I can't help with thorough diagnose of HijackThis Logs but I looked through and couldn't see any issues.
Except for running processes that can cause a memory drag.
Especially SpySweeper.

raybay's post about memtest86 may be a good idea.

But just a thought, can you confirm that you have SpySweeper setup program and Key (to re-install it)

And actually fully remove it from your system
Then test again
If it works OK, you would have to come to the conclusion that it is a memory (Ram) issue

Actually Kimsland, I recently purchase Spysweeper around November 28, just 3 weeks prior to the problem. So should I uninstall it?

On the Memtest, well, I must admit I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use it. I don't have a floppy drive.

Thank you

Thorrax

Well all,

Since I removed SpySweeper, I am not having anymore restarts. Why would this program be the cause if it is of my system restarting? Shouldn't it be compatible? Or is it conflicting with me CA Security Suite software?

Thanks again for all the help.

Thorrax

Spysweeper uses stacks of memory
If your memory is either:
Not enough or
Faulty
Then your computer will fault

That's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back