By Fizics
Nov 5, 2006
  1. ive checked my cpu and mother board and there running cool but when i start to play any game after say 15-30 minutes i get a random restart ... is this my video card overheating ? or somthing else
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

3. Fizics

Fizics TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

i made sure all my drivers were up to date

checked my psu and the only thing running off is the +12 its at 11.26-11.46 im unsure if this is the problem

made sure windows auto restart was off etc... and still having issues.

left the computer on to go see a movie came back and had a black screen no response from mouse or keyboard. had to push power button

and ontop of this all my temps are fine

so im at a loss as to what it is the only idea is the psu but i would have no idea how to comfirm this

any help would be apreciated
  4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Hmmmm,11.26 volts is a little on the low side!!!! What make and wattage is your psu????
  5. Op2

Op2 TS Rookie Posts: 86

6. Fizics

Fizics TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

My psu is a 500w Rosewill also despite the note below it is still running on the low side of

[note: i removed my old (+5 years or so) IDE HDD and things seem to be running better i had windows on my new SATA drive and evrey thing else on the IDE's will keep posted}
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.