Restore to a new date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to restore Windows XP Pro to an earlier date I get an error message that reads C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RUNDLL32.EXE is missing or type the correct path.

I also cannot go into any of the other programs in the CONTROL PANEL and I get the same error message.

Help PLEASE...

BG

From HERE and HERE

"Rundll32.exe is an important component of Windows. Quite often if you've had some kind of Spyware infection it may have been deleted to cause you problems.

If you have the XP CD -

1. Mount the Windows XP CD-ROM.

2. Open a CMD.exe session.

3. Type expand <CD-ROM:>\i386\rundll32.ex_ %Systemroot%\rundll32.exe and press Enter.

4. Shutdown and restart Windows XP.

If no CD -

Go to this (HERE ) page and download the Rundll file for your version of Windows.

Unzip it first into the folder C:\WINDOWS\Options\cabs (overwriting any existing copy), then copy it to the C:\WINDOWS folder."

THX!!! That did it.

One more problem now... When I open IE a page has hijacked my home page and won't let me change it. In Tools options it says that my home page is HTTP://adelphia.net/index.php. But a page comes up when I open IE that says HTTP://safetydefender.com
It is a page that wants to sell me anti-malware. I have ran the latests and greatest spyware and adware on the net. How do I get rid of this thing?

THX for you help so far.

Jim (BIGGUY)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions in the order they are given.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back