Restore to an earlier time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillAllen55

After using a repair tool to clear temp files and to search for registry errors, I now have a problem with one of my programs running correctly.

I attempted to use the restore function with my XP home edition. For every restore point I tried I received a message stating that it was unable to restore the OS to this earlier time. Is there a process that can correct this issue with my restore difficulties?
thanks.

BAKU was the program used in attempting to correct errors.

Even if you were successful with System Restore, you would have undone at least some of the changes you made with your repair tool. Maybe I misunderstood what you said.

Using XP Home edition System Restore

I apologize for not being more clear. The program I used to correct registry errors and to clear unneeded files affected one of my programs such that now the graphics do not present correctly.

I understand that by asking for System Restore to restore my system to an earlier time that this will undo what the program (Baku) has done clearing files and correcting registry errors.

My concern has to do more with why the System Restore is not working properly, more than correcting the graphics that are not presenting correctly. I can always reinstall the mentioned program should it come to that.

My question is: what can be done to bring about resolution to getting my System Restore working? Would you think defragging the hard drive be a good beginning? I have not defragged in I would guess about three months. (maybe longer)

A light at the end of the tunnel (hoping it's not New Jersey)

After a time consuming research I found a youtube tutorial advising that after many System Restores being added this will (for whatever reason) cause the System Restore to stop restoring to an earlier point in time. I thought this sounded rather bazaar, but I went ahead and stopped the System Restore resulting in all of the restore points being removed. After doing this I then restarted the System Restore program.I then went in and created a new Restore point, then attempted to restore the OS to that restore point, in which I had just created and the program ran perfectly.
Hopefully this will be assistance to another, as I have never heard of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back