Restored eMachine image issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGGBoy

I am fixing an eMachine C1844 PC and had to restore the HD from the CDs. After restoring the image, and rebooting the PC, an error pops up about a few minutes into the boot indicating that the OS was not completly loaded and to run "setup" again.

Did anybody experience this before? How did you go about fixing it? Thanks ahead of time.

cc

Did you change any components of the PC since it's origination? If it has new components then the recovery CD's might not work properly. Other than that I have never seen this before.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

in fact i did. I had to replace the Power Supply. Thank you for you feedback and warm the welcome.

I think the PS is the problem. Emachines come with their own cheap and very unreliable power supply (just like all their products) and is registered in their restore CD. I'll never buy emachines again.

Eddy, where do you get your knowledge from?
There is NO way that Windows on its own can recognise a new or changed PSU!
And Emachines are too cheap to install some utility that could measure the exact output voltages etc. of their PSU, compare it with their original PC-spec, and then complain about any deviation, causing the PC to hang? No way.

Could be that the restore-CD has a scratch or dirt or fingerprints on it, and did not install properly.

I used to work for pc world and restored many emachines pcs. The problem is not a change of PSU and the restore disk not liking it. There is no way in hell that is the problem.
Saying a change of psu upset the restore disk is like saying it wont restore because.....you're running the mobo out of the case.

I suspect it could be a problem with the disk..have u tried making a copy of it? it could even be a hardware problem...perhaps hard drive.Why did u replace the PSU?

Another thing to check is the bios...go in it if u can and make sure settings are ok. You'd be surprised how little things can upset a fresh restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back