Restored my computer now it won't boot

tinaml

i have a acer aspire one and it does not have a cd drive. i click alt and f10 to start a restart it went through fine and it went to the welcome screen and i set everything up. it went it and finished loading everything and said it had to restart. it did then it wouldnt boot up and all i got was a black screen with a _ blinking in the top left corner. it was running fine before i was trying to fix it for a friend that forgot his password. it had been working fine before he forgot his password. he put it on there to keep others out. i dont know what to do and i cant get it to go into the restore again and i cant get to safe mode or anything.

what do i do. how can i fix this

Use a USB external CD/DVD drive to reload Windows fresh. Reapply any passwords after the install completes. Set the bios to boot from a USB device

i baught a external disk drive and i tried to load my copy of windows xp that i have and all it gives me is a blue screen saying that

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:
check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure its properly configured and terminated. run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

technical information:
***stop: 0x0000007B (0xf7a8a524, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i cant get into my computer to check these things.
this happeneds everytime i try to run my disk. is there anything else i can do?

Plug the USB external CD/DVD into the computer and look in the bios under boot devices and see if you can see it

yes it shows up i put that as the first thing to boot. i used windd and nothing comes up when i try to run it is there another one that i can use

Back