TechSpot

Restoring Registry

By Prevs
Dec 4, 2006
  1. I was wondering I was deleting some daemon tools registry keys yesterday after I uninstalled it. The problem was I couldn't delete them. I logged into safe mode under administrator and added permissions for full control to administrator for the parent folder and all its sub keys. I my frustration I deleted some keys I shouldn't, and now cant access the net and explorer is having runtime errors before I started I made a full backup of the registry. When I tried to import it in regedit I couldn't I'm pretty sure some keys are still locked including the ones I can't delete. I looked though recovery console and couldn't see anything that could help me. Is their a way to delete the registry and import the backed up one.

Sorry about the length of the thread

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

How did you make the backup?

And "couldn't" means what? Your fingers didn't bend to click the "import" menu item?

3. Prevs

Prevs TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

I did use the Export option in regedit but when I tried to import it didn't work because some keys couldn't be opened or accessed. I've done a clean so all is good.

thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.