Restrictions - Cant enter control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kankas

Well i have been on websites and i sudenlly got a message Your computer is infected Windows has detected spyware infection! I have been searching for info how to solve this problembs i downloaded program spyblaster rootkit detectors and many other and still that problem didnt disapear then i wanted to go to conterol panel to delet all those programs and then i saw that i cant smthin about your computer due to restriction on effect on your computer its been about 6 hours that im trying to fix it. Soo what im trying to say who can help me :) the most important thing to me to fix that problem regarding control panel

Heh sorry for my bad English if i made mistakes :)

Do you mean that you can't get into control panel at all? Or you can't get into one of the options in control panel?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kankas only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well howard i dont want to do this because i dont understand all steps and i dont want my pc not working at all i heard something about reg edit when you set value do you know something about that ?

You could try a system restore to before your problem began.

However, as long as the malware remains on your system, you`re going to have serious problems.

If you don`t want to follow the instructions, I suggest reformatting and reinstalling. It`s up to you.

At the very least, you should post a HJT log as per these instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kankas only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well can you explain how can i do that system restore because i dont spend a lot of time on pc so i dont know how to do these kind off things and if that doesnt work i will try that hjs analyzing

The control panel is probably disabled via the entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer\NoControlPanel

This is probably set to 1 and it should be 0

Even if you do fix this, if you have any form of Malware on your system, you should get it removed. This can be done as said, by reinstalling Windows or you may be able to find something to clean it. To be honest, reinstalling is probably less hassle and quicker.

Well when i tryed to do system restore it ses Do you want to turn on System Restore now i push yes and those gad dam restrictions come out so system restore doesnt work in a few min i will instal that hjs be on :)

wii when i go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer theres a folder Run there is no noControlPanel folder or file

howard when i went to that site i didnt find where to download where was to download from and 4 use 1 australia author and other i pushed on every link and its just ses i should download spy doctor but when i downloaded it before it just perform a scan and you have to pay for repair

wii i didnt miss it theres no folder or file control panel :)

See HERE for the HJT download. make sure you follow the instructions in the link I gave you on how to install it etc.

Your system is riddled with malware.

I suggest you seriously consider a reformat and reinstall.

If you really don`t want to do this, then you will need to follow all the instructions in this thread HERE.

Please be aware, if you go for the cleaning option, I can`t guarantee your system will be ok once we`ve finished with the clean up.

Yes, you`ve attached the HJT log properly.

However, may I refer you to my post above.

Kankas said:
Well if i mess up what then ...

If you mess up what?

well for example when i need to do safe mode or smthing like that i will do not right and my pc mmm how do i say thisbrokes :D i dont know how to say it and i dont know how to fix it what then i would be really in trouble ...

Like I said earlier, if you don`t want to follow the instructions, just reformat and reinstall. In fact, given the amount of malware on your system, this may actually be the easiest and best course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back