TechSpot

Reuters: iPhone 5 production in July, ships in September

By Jos
Apr 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Since first announcing the iPhone in 2007 Apple has always released a new version of the popular smartphone in June each year. Recent rumors suggested that wouldn't be the case in 2011, though, and now a fresh report from Reuters citing "three people with direct knowledge of the company's supply chain" appears to reinforce that notion.

Read the whole story

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,599   +110

Apple.. charging everything(or at least quite a lot for apple fanbois to upgrade to what will most likely be a very, very slightly different handset), again.

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,356   +283

Love the Samsung poke there.

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,108   +68 Staff Member

My very basic Photoshop skills at work ;)

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Wait, what. Iphone 5. Man they sure are milking the teets.

6. @supersmashbrada - and those teets are now chafed, drooping and only producing weak milk.

7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Are you implying they ever looked different? Apple products have always been subpar and overpriced.

8. you know, i'm tired of everyone bashing apple. they have it down!! the company is pure platinum. they make CRAP and people still stand in line to buy it! they make a phone with a screen that cracks if you look at it wrong and an ant. problem that does not allow you to HOLD the phone a certain way and people line up to buy it. they make a tablet that will do half what the other tablets will do and overheats constantly and people line up to buy it. now they make another phone....NO different from the last one they made except that the company simply changes the number after the model and people WILL line up to buy it. Instead of flaming the company, bloggers around the internet should be flaming the simple (and i do mean simple) folk that line up to pay insane amounts of money for garbage!

9. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

LOL, so they're sticking to their one year cycle, with the added one year cycle, offset six months later, of a white phone.

I do feel sorry for the Apple users, Guest. In order to keep up with the cool kids you now have to buy 1 tablet and 1 phone per year. That's about a grand a year. Meanwhile Microsoft users are complaining about having to buy a $200 OS once every three years. Buck up guys!

We'll no doubt soon see a far reaching apparel line, children's toys, and a Happy Meal, er Halcyon Repast, tie in with Ruth's Chris.

10. Deaddunya

Deaddunya TS Rookie

Looks like apple are falling behind. Samsung and LG have already got out 2 gig processor phones.

11. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,086

I can totally see this:

Will Blackberry Playbook 2 be able to outsold/Outperforms Ipad 3? What about squashing the Iphone 5 for Blackberry Torch 2 ?

And the generations between Blackberry and Apple goes on....

12. Awesome new background for the Iphone S....... I mean 5 :)

13. Not everyone is tech-savvy and can easily operate an Android on Symbian touch phone. Menus upon menus of options and twiks, a home button, a back button, search button, options button... Did I miss anything?

So I gave my mom an iPhone and I said "mom, there is only one button. you want to go back? you want to try something else? press it, that's it!"

Now she has something she can actually use.

That's their genius, the fact that it's crappy :)

BTW- I love my N1 and Nokia E71 :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.