TechSpot

Revised Apple TV could be announced as early as April

By Shawn Knight
Feb 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is reportedly planning to unveil a revised Apple TV set-top-box as early as April. The Cupertino-based company is said to be negotiating with Time Warner Cable and others for video content according to people familiar with the matter as...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,954   +901

I was thinking of picking one of these up recently but I am probably gonna wait for the new one.
  3. I heard on the news last night that Comcast is planning to buy Time Warner. Wouldn't that throw a bit of a wrench into this plan?
  4. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 577   +98

Not excited if it's tied to a cable subscription. Looks like they're going the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" route.
  5. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,658   +82

I had to setup Apple TV for a friend. He was into Apple stuff. Okay he spend like $20 bucks on 6 FT HDMI cable from Apple On boy. In all the GUI is nicer than my SONY SMP-N100 and SMP-N200 but mine has more content. Apple skimp on a lot stations.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.