Revving noise on Dell XPS 8300

My computer (Dell XPS8300) has been making a revving noise, which is off and on about every 10 minutes or so.
I have cleaned all the fans, airdusted etc. no change.
I think it's the PSU fan but am not sure now.

Recorded noise: http://picosong.com/knwP/
If anyone recognizes the noise, please let me know.

If it is the PSU fan, does it need replacing asap?

What PSU are you using? The model number is normally on the PSU itself.
The model number is AC460AD-00.
I'm not even 100% sure it's the power supply anymore, the noise appears now every 3 minutes or so.
The temperature stays constant at about 33C, so it's not overheating.

Odd...That noise is an interesting one at that, it sounds like air pressure to me so it maybe a fan speeding up to an intense speed temporarily. I would see if you can locate the exact spot the noise is coming from and tell us so we can tell what it is, but the noise does not sound like electricity so unless its the PSU fan that should not be the problem.

Odd...That noise is an interesting one at that, it sounds like air pressure to me so it maybe a fan speeding up to an intense speed temporarily. I would see if you can locate the exact spot the noise is coming from and tell us so we can tell what it is, but the noise does not sound like electricity so unless its the PSU fan that should not be the problem.
It's the loudest near the PSU box, which is why I assumed that it's the PSU fan.
The fan that is facing downwards is spinning, I can see the blades moving so the airflow is there.
On another note, there's an amber steady light lit up in the motherboard and above it says "AUX PWR", it's been this way for a long long time (1 year +) but I never really questioned it until now.

The oddest part about this is that besides the noise, there is nothing else wrong with the system. No crashes, no blue screens, no overheating, it works perfectly. It comes with a Dell hardware "pc checkup" which is supposed to check the hardware and that has come up as a-okay each time it runs.

It's the loudest near the PSU box, which is why I assumed that it's the PSU fan.
The fan that is facing downwards is spinning, I can see the blades moving so the airflow is there.
On another note, there's an amber steady light lit up in the motherboard and above it says "AUX PWR", it's been this way for a long long time (1 year +) but I never really questioned it until now.

The oddest part about this is that besides the noise, there is nothing else wrong with the system. No crashes, no blue screens, no overheating, it works perfectly. It comes with a Dell hardware "pc checkup" which is supposed to check the hardware and that has come up as a-okay each time it runs.
Well if it sounds like its coming from the PSU box, it might be the PSU but the fan on a PSU does not hit a high enough speed to max a louad noise, so maybe it is an electrical sound coming from it (Ive listened to it multiple times now). I would try putting another PSU if you have one laying around in it to see if that solves the problem.

Well if it sounds like its coming from the PSU box, it might be the PSU but the fan on a PSU does not hit a high enough speed to max a louad noise, so maybe it is an electrical sound coming from it (Ive listened to it multiple times now). I would try putting another PSU if you have one laying around in it to see if that solves the problem.
It doesn't really sound electrical, it's not an electrical whining noise it just literally sounds like the fan is speeding up, perhaps grinding (I'm not sure) then it stops, and some 5-10 minutes later it speeds up again.
I don't have another PSU around, my only indicator right now is the orange AUX-PWR light and the noise. Everything else looks ok, no crashes, no errors.

I used the HWMonitor and my stats look ok in terms of temp and voltage (I think.)
2m7xauo.jpg

Well it really does not sound electrical to me even after listening again, its just sounding like wind being sucked in. Its probably a fan that's revving up in the system, (HWmonitor does not monitor the PSU fan) since the sound comes from around the PSU, its a safe bet at the moment, but I would not rule anything out as sound in a computer case can play tricks on you.

Well it really does not sound electrical to me even after listening again, its just sounding like wind being sucked in. Its probably a fan that's revving up in the system, (HWmonitor does not monitor the PSU fan) since the sound comes from around the PSU, its a safe bet at the moment, but I would not rule anything out as sound in a computer case can play tricks on you.
Replaced the PSU, no more noise but the AUX PWR amber light is still lit up on the motherboard.
I wonder if something is off with the motherboard.

Back