RF monitoring software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLx/P

Does anyone know of any software that monitors signal strength in warehouse distribution applications? It must be compatible with a 2.4 GIG frequency system and run either VT100 or VT220 emulation.

I am basically trying to prove to the powers that be, that 8 access points in a 1.3 million square foot warehouse are not enough.

I had a app at another one of our DC's that would monitor this. But it was on a 900 meg frequency system. Running a diferent emulation, so its not compatible now.

Sorry but not really. I am looking for something that will monitor signal strengths and give me an idea of where dead spots are. There are 65 forklifts running in a 1.3 million sq. ft. warehouse. And each of those have a Radio Frequency Terminal on them. Basically a little wireless computer. I want to see areas that are dropping connections or making the terminal freeze up.

I know there is a app out there that will do this. I just don't know the name of it. But thanks for looking.

Netstumbler is able to measure signal quality and estimate distances, readings for different channels etc.. Sure this isn't what you want?

Here's a screen shot:

netstumbler_big.jpg

I'm sorry LNC. I must had missed that when I first looked at that link. I do beleive that is what I am looking for. Little more advanced looking than the older program I once used on 900 mg systems.

Thanks again! :grinthumb

I thought it might be what you wanted. I use it at home, but I wasn't sure exactly how/what your setup looks like there. Hope it works out for you!

ok. I got another question for ya. I now need a wireless network card for a Compaq Armada M700 laptop here at work. Any suggestions on a card? I have looked around on-line at many different cards. But I don't have a clue on what to buy.

And is this laptop even capable of running a wireless card?

I need this set up so I can ride around on a golf cart with the laptop and check signals in the warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back