RIAA suits more file sharers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Getting tired of the same, although it appears like the lawsuits have caused some desired effect with a decreasing amount of people using P2P programs. There is little or nothing a webmaster can do to propagate hate when RIAA is already being actively hated by 90% of net users according to someone's studies...

The recording industry sued 531 more computer users Tuesday it said were illegally distributing songs over the Internet in what has become a routine reminder that college students, teenagers and others can face expensive lawsuits for swapping music online.

I still don't see where "reduced" comes from. The number of people online on Kazaa has still remained the same as it was 2 years ago. I used to watch the number of people online on Kazaa years ago and it was around 2-3.5 million at a time. That number still fluctuates and sticks between 2-3.5 million. People are also using lots of other better means for getting files.

I don't believe the RIAA or anyone else has scared anyone away or ever will.

haha 29ppl got sued in canada for uploading by the CRIA (canada's riaa). though im not one of them, im really pissed off at my isp becuz they were such wimps. when Bell Canada, Shaw, and SaskTel fought for their customer's privacy, my isp, Telus, wussed out and was like "we dont want any trouble, here's the names." am i paranoid, or was that a breech in the privacy agreement with the customer??

[size=1]Edited by Poertner_1274: Please watch language on the boards.[/size][size=1][/size]

Originally posted by somekid007
am i paranoid, or was that a breech in the privacy agreement with the customer??

Sure sounds like it, but I don't know what your exact agreement was, the legality of it, etc. Ask a lawyer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back