Ridiculous eBay Computer Listing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...well it does say that there are 4 500 gig drives....

Dang.....only $7,500US what a deal!!!

He must be smokin something good if he thinks that rig will sell for $7500. It only has 7600GT's in SLI for cripes sake! And who really needs 2TB of hdd space right now? Silly listing.

nickslick74 said:
He must be smokin something good if he thinks that rig will sell for $7500. It only has 7600GT's in SLI for cripes sake! And who really needs 2TB of hdd space right now? Silly listing.

I saw another listing similar with 500GB and 2 8800GTX's in SLI in between 5500 and 6500USD. eBay buyer > :) :knock: < Me!

That thing about 12.8GB of RAM... :haha::haha::haha:
I'd almost wonder if it is a scam listing, but what do I know, I don't even have an eBay account, I just use my brother's.
--kitty

many sellers on ebay have NO clue as to what they're selling, and many use 3rd party sellers who also have no technological sense. More often is that the seller is uneducated and can't articulate in writing what they want to say - either their grammer or spelling is terrible, they can't convey the message, or both.

If I was going to pay that much for a PC I wouldnt get it from Ebay and I sure as hell wouldnt pay that much for a system with 7600GTs.

LoL

The best part is that he linked each part he listed to their retail page on newegg so everyone could see what the parts actually cost.....Not smart when trying to sell somthing for $7500

The item never sold, not surprisingly...

but I don't think the seller was trying to "scam" anybody. we aren't talking about a powerseller or even a "regular" seller. it seems to me that he is just a casual eBay member that was trying to get as much as possible for a rig that he probably got ripped off on himself, lol

That seller has been a member for 3 years and in that time has only sold 5 items. He has a feedback of only 19, but it's all positive. so again, I don't think we're talking about any scams here, just somebody who underestimated the intelligence of the eBay community (who collectively showed him otherwise by not bidding on it)

as for the listing inconsistencies, it would appear to me that the inexperienced seller may have used the "sell a similar item" link which appears on other people's listings, then simply didn't change the specifications in the automatically filled out "item specifics" section. eBay recently changed their listing formats, so if you're not used to the newer (easier) system, then it's easy to make a mistake like that when listing the item.

I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt that they simply weren't used to the newer listing format, and didn't intend to screw anybody over. the only person that lost out on that auction was the seller who now has to pay listing fees for an unsold item ;)

cheers :wave:

Alexyboy123 Blu-Ray burners run about $850....The only one I have seen on newegg is a Plextor......So subtract about $150 for being plextor and you may be able to get another brand ( if avaliable) for about $750

lol that's retarded!

"Have the best you can have!"
2 eVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Wow so good :haha: 7600GT couldnt run Crysis even if you had Quad of them :D

I added up all the prices for that machine and you could save about $8000 or more ;)

Well some blu ray drives are $1000 for each so it has two so theres 2000 dollars right there. But only a 24 inch mointer for that price I would want a 30inch lcd.

JimShady23 said:
The best part is that he linked each part he listed to their retail page on newegg so everyone could see what the parts actually cost.....Not smart when trying to sell somthing for $7500

The LCD Screen has newegg water mark on it too :haha: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back