Right click freezing

By dominican345he
Jan 8, 2004
  1. Okay here's the problem. I have a system running Windows XP Professional.

Right now, everytime I right click on anything it freezes and I have to end task.

This problem occurred a couple of hours after I put a new Logitech MX 700 mouse on my computer (hooked up through USB).

Here's the thing I was replacing another MX 700 mouse. So, I didn't install any new software or anything.

Since, I was replacing one mouse with the same kind I didn't expect any problems. Can anyone figure out what's going on?

P.S. The mouse works fine for everything else but the right-clicking.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Have you installed any special click handling/gesture/etc things? Go to mouse setup and see if all the buttons are assigned properly.
  3. dominican345he

dominican345he TS Rookie Topic Starter

I didn't change a thing or install any new software.
  4. Shiney

Shiney TS Booster Posts: 157

Try it in another usb port, then take it back to the shop if it still wont work. Its faulty
  5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

I have the same mouse, and I find it works better when hooked up to the PS/2 port.
    I uninstalled the crappy Logitech drivers as they froze my mouse and keyboard regularly.
    I am quite happy with the standard built-in mousedrivers from W2K and I personally have no need for those fancy buttons, I just like the looks of this fancy mouse.
  6. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

You could also try deleting the mouse from Device Manager and letting Windows detect it again.....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.