Right click ON desktop is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it is only on desktop
it is a fresh install of windows xp with sp3 rc1
if i right click on an icon on the desktop its fast if i tight click on taskbar or anywhere in my cmoputer its fasst its only slow when right click on the desktop

at he fear of sounding like an ***** i still post this.... immediately after submitting this post i go to the desktop and rightclick.. it is fast then i opened realtek soundmanager from task bar and it became slow again so i closed it and it became fast... then i opened nod32 on demand scanner and its slow again...

Open the Task Manager when you notice the slowdown. (Right click on Taskbar> Task Manager)Look for high CPU use on the Processes tab. Exclude System, System Idle and taskmgr and include names of the other processes using over '5'. NOTE: this is in the CPU column, "NOT" Memory.

Please post the names of the processes, along with the CPU use back to this question,

Okay, explorer what? How much consumption of the CPU? For instance, I have Firefox open with 8 tabs. I have Outlook Express minimized. In my Task Manager, I show 'explorer' using "no" CPU, but using 31,600K Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back