TechSpot

Right-side of print faded?

By k1n9k00p4
Feb 27, 2006
  1. Ok we have a HP 4600 color laserjet which prints the right side of the pages faded. Now, on the right half of each printout, no matter what colours are there, its allways the yellow that is faded on the right side, other colors on the right side are ok. And on the left side ALL colours are ok including yellow.

Any ideas on what maybe casing this?

Cheers.

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

On B/W lasers it means the toner is running low on one side of the cartridge, so you take it out (the cartridge) and shake it a bit to distribute the remaining toner evenly.

3. k1n9k00p4

k1n9k00p4 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 90

lol did that dude, i work at a school as a technician, i post here after all resources have been used. Anything that would instantley come to mindi have tried.

I cant see us finding a solution for this it may be

thanks for the responce though.

4. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 126

Of course you probably reinstalled your drivers. Have you printed out a Self-Test/Configuration page? If you are able, I would make sure the transfer roller is properly seated on the right side (might want to check the springs under the bushings). It could be a high voltage problem or the ECU board also. It might also be a dirty optic mirror.

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

nodsu's analysis is the correct one:

On B/W lasers it means the toner is running low on one side of the cartridge, so you take it out (the cartridge) and shake it a bit to distribute the remaining toner evenly

6. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 126

He already did that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.